I’m an environmental science major heading into my senior year at UNC Chapel Hill. I have minors in Marine Science and Chinese. I have participated in conservation-related field work throughout my undergraduate career, beginning with a summer of ecology research at the Flathead Lake Biological Station in Glacier National Park, followed by 7 months of renewable energy research in Thailand, and most recently, during my semester at UNC IMS carrying out research for my senior honors thesis. I will be continuing this research at IMS with the help of the Mary and Watts Hill Student Internship Fund. Through this work, I hope to determine a relationship between harmful algal bloom formation and changes to salinity in the estuaries of coastal North Carolina, in light of climate change-driven changes to hydrologic event patterns. Thanks to funding and support from the Mary and Watts Hill Fund, I can continue to pursue my passion and develop my understanding of the natural world for a future career in sustainability.